August 1, 2009

kiss the cook

i've been struck with the sudden motivation to make food. yes, there has been many a time when the words "hate" and "cooking" came out of my mouth in the same sentence. (i paused here because a burning smell was coming from my oven. alas, my chocolate chip scones burned after a mere 11 out of 20 minutes in the oven. something must be broken!) hence the negativity toward kitchen activities. however, it will not get me down! i will persevere!

seeing as how i've been vegan for two years (vegetarian for 4.5) it's about time to quit eating plain ol' pasta 5+ meals a week. sadly, this is no exaggeration. nothing against pasta, but i'm getting a little tired of noodles covered only in pre-canned sauce this often.

perhaps it's the vegan cooking blogs i've been reading as of late. maybe it's boredom. or maybe it's just because i love eating so much. whatever it is, i like it! i will document my successes (and possibly, my failures) here. hopefully my lack of skillz in the kitchen will take a turn for the better!

on a related note, i am beginning work on a collection of vintage-inspired aprons for my mom's antique store. they will also be available in my etsy shop by the end of summer. this will definitely make kitchen activities more fun!

No comments: